Deanna in 1997 - 10 years ago
10 years ago I was graduating from High School and thought I knew it all about where I would be. I planned to go to ACU, become an elementary education teacher and get married.
Well, I DID get married...but I didn't go to ACU. I ended up meeting Scott and moving to League City in 1999. It has ended up to be an even better choice than ACU could've been. NO regrets! We got married July 3, 1999. For our "honeymoon," we went to Nationals for Ensign sailing in Connecticut. It was beautiful there, but I didn't get to spend enough time with Scott. :) Sorry, honey...
After a few years being married, Scott and I decided we wanted to have a family early and be done by the time I was 30. We made it. I'm 28 now. We had our first baby, Hal, in 2002, B. in 2004 and now Cait in 2006. WOW! BUSY BUSY! The kids are all 2- 2 1/2 years apart. It's such a handful, but they're close and I will love it..in a few years.
In between all of those kiddos being born, I managed to get certified in personal training and nutrition (I'm VERY dusty now), sell a few candles, help out with our business by working the books and even learning a thing or two about sailboats. That's the work part of my 10 years. Most of my work has been learning how to be the resident Mom. HARD job...but my joy. (Most days!)
As far as what we've done for fun? Well, I have grown to LOVE my new home. I have the most wonderful church and friends. I have learned about sailing and how many different people live. I am a people watcher. It's fun to me... We've traveled a few places in the last 1o years also. We have now visited Connecticut. Canandaigua, NY. Fairfield, Arkansas. Sedona, Arizona. The Grand Canyon. We also went on an Alaskan cruise as a family for my dad's retirement.
You know, this only manages to touch the MAJOR ways my life has changed in 10 years. It's amazing when you write it all out where you've been in your life.

WOW! Here I am!! :) I made it so far! Let's see where I am 10 years from NOW!
10 years ago I was graduating from High School and thought I knew it all about where I would be. I planned to go to ACU, become an elementary education teacher and get married.
Well, I DID get married...but I didn't go to ACU. I ended up meeting Scott and moving to League City in 1999. It has ended up to be an even better choice than ACU could've been. NO regrets! We got married July 3, 1999. For our "honeymoon," we went to Nationals for Ensign sailing in Connecticut. It was beautiful there, but I didn't get to spend enough time with Scott. :) Sorry, honey...
After a few years being married, Scott and I decided we wanted to have a family early and be done by the time I was 30. We made it. I'm 28 now. We had our first baby, Hal, in 2002, B. in 2004 and now Cait in 2006. WOW! BUSY BUSY! The kids are all 2- 2 1/2 years apart. It's such a handful, but they're close and I will love it..in a few years.
In between all of those kiddos being born, I managed to get certified in personal training and nutrition (I'm VERY dusty now), sell a few candles, help out with our business by working the books and even learning a thing or two about sailboats. That's the work part of my 10 years. Most of my work has been learning how to be the resident Mom. HARD job...but my joy. (Most days!)
As far as what we've done for fun? Well, I have grown to LOVE my new home. I have the most wonderful church and friends. I have learned about sailing and how many different people live. I am a people watcher. It's fun to me... We've traveled a few places in the last 1o years also. We have now visited Connecticut. Canandaigua, NY. Fairfield, Arkansas. Sedona, Arizona. The Grand Canyon. We also went on an Alaskan cruise as a family for my dad's retirement.
You know, this only manages to touch the MAJOR ways my life has changed in 10 years. It's amazing when you write it all out where you've been in your life.
WOW! Here I am!! :) I made it so far! Let's see where I am 10 years from NOW!


2 comments:
I absolutely loved reading about your past 10 years. Some of it I knew, but not all, so it was great to find out more about you!
Thanks for sharing.
I like these challenges!
I love your story! It is so much fun to read each of our perspectives on our last 10 years! We all look soooo much better now (Hee Hee)!
I am glad I will be there for some of the adventures of your next 10 years!
Love ya!
Post a Comment