CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 04, 2007

The House Fairy Arrives!





So, in case you haven't heard of her, the House Fairy (as the story goes on the housefairy.org website) is the sister of Santa Claus! She comes each week to see how the kids have been doing on their chores and keeping their rooms nice and neat.

This is our first week after joining her "Neat Room Club" and every day, the kids have wondered what will happen and if she'll come. This week (because it's new) they haven't been quite sure what to expect. Mom's not always the best at the follow through, but I really do want them to learn to be neat early in life. Trust me...it's not easy to learn later! I am not one of those born organized people. It takes WORK for me! (And two live tornadoes following me around don't help, either!) I've had to remind them daily that she "might" be coming and they need to do this or that. It's overwhelming for them, I'm sure. As it goes on, they'll learn and it'll get easier anyways...plus surprises always help!

Well, tonight she came! They don't even know it yet! They are both tucked in their beds sleeping soundly. I had to post a few pictures of H. She was so excited and was just HOPING her room would pass inspection. Since we had to kind of bug her about it (and B. too!), they each got a book about helping, some gum and a coloring page with a note from the House Fairy about not giving up. She even left some pretty pink fairy dust on the night table for H. and blue for B.

Oh to be young and believe in magic like little ones do!

2 comments:

Lacie said...

i have got to get to that website- i will love to hear what the kids thought!

JustJosephine said...

That's a really neat idea!