CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

We Heart Moms!



Mother's Day has been so wonderful this year! We went "back home" this year. It's actually been the first Mother's Day I've spent with my mother in the past 3 years and I have missed it. I wish Scott had been able to spend some time with his mother yesterday as well, but I think they will have a great time if they get to get together sometime while the kids and I are here.

To start it off, I had beautiful flowers waiting for me when I got here on Friday. Scott had tulips delivered here...pretty yellow and red ones. They're my favorites!! (Obviously he knows that...:) ) Mother's Day had an early start. On Sunday, we were surprised with a patio breakfast before church and then we drove over to Midland to eat lunch. The lines were so long that we didn't get our first two choices, but ended up eating at Logan's which was still good. Steak is always OK with me! H. had colored a card for me and saved it and gave it to me first thing that morning and they gave me a super cool digital photo frame! I can't wait to figure it out!! Mom also got me some new tanks and a sweet card among other things. I am SPOILED! I admit it fully!

Better than all of the gifts was the time spent with my children and my Mother. How wonderful to spend a day with the person who made me and helped me grow into the mother I am. We also got to see "Memaw Viv" and "Papa Maurice" and that is always special to me too. It warms my heart to hear H. call them that. Thank you, Mom, for all you do for me and my family. You never stop giving and we love you so much!

I wanted to also say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to ALL of my "Mom friends." I thought of each and every one of you yesterday. I see how much you influence your sweet children and am blessed to be raising my children with yours. I feel so fortunate that my children have friends who I KNOW are loved and cherished as much as mine are, and who want nothing more than for their children to know that and grow in faith and love each and every day. I love all of you more than you can imagine and love your sweet children almost as my own! There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you!

We HEART Moms!!! ALL of you!

3 comments:

Lacie said...

Happy Momma's Day to you too! Sounds like you had a very special one!

I missed ya this weekend too! Don't worry there will be many others!

Thanks for the comment about my "new format"- Your blog is perfect!

Holly said...

This was such a thoughtful, sweet post. I'm glad you were able to spend Mother's Day with your mom and other family.

I'm so thankful that A. is a part of your life and your precious children's lives too!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

AWEEEEE I Heart moms too! I am just watching it with all 3 of my nephews. Now I'm in the hospital in Boston I have been interaction with a few baby patients here!! I just can't wait to be a daddy. I love kids....Dad's Rock but moms RULE!!Great site here. Well I will be back more often when I have time or are back out of this hospital! Talk to you soon! Bye all