We have a new tradition since Scott started his new job. It's a fun one! But, aren't most traditions fun? Some say yes, others say no...but I kind of like them!

Since Scott's new office is right across the street from a really neat park here in town, we've been going there to have a little family picnic lunch once a week. We don't have a particular day we go, but try to make it one time. The kids call it the "turtle park" because there is a pond filled with tons of turtles! Very fun!

I have to say...I've really enjoyed the new job and KNOWING the hours that will be worked. It's kind of stinky not being able to just con him into coming to hang out with us...but at least we know what's going on and where he is etc.

I've even invested in some good Tupperware covered plates to make it a little quicker to get the food on the table once we're there and to cut down on trash. I have come to HATE little baggies.

The only question is this....how long can we hold out on weekly lunch picnics during the summer?!
Since Scott's new office is right across the street from a really neat park here in town, we've been going there to have a little family picnic lunch once a week. We don't have a particular day we go, but try to make it one time. The kids call it the "turtle park" because there is a pond filled with tons of turtles! Very fun!
I have to say...I've really enjoyed the new job and KNOWING the hours that will be worked. It's kind of stinky not being able to just con him into coming to hang out with us...but at least we know what's going on and where he is etc.
I've even invested in some good Tupperware covered plates to make it a little quicker to get the food on the table once we're there and to cut down on trash. I have come to HATE little baggies.
The only question is this....how long can we hold out on weekly lunch picnics during the summer?!

1 comments:
Picnic Day sounds great! You must be very brave, or dipped in ice, to continue through the summer though. I'm a wimp in the heat.
Post a Comment