CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's HOT out there!!

Is it July already and somehow I missed it?? Today's been a scorcher...but at least not too humid of one. The kids are running around in their bathing suits, only the pool isn't filled because someone likes to put sand in it too much. Wonder who that could be???

On a different note, Scott's been taking classes the last two days and finishes early, only to have to go into work until 6 anyways. I think that's a bummer. Some of the other guys sneak out of the rest of the day by taking their own cars, but Scott's too honest for that. He does what he's supposed to do and takes the company car and returns his keys....and packs for an hour and a half. Yes...being honest is a good thing...I know. It sure would be nice if we got him an extra few hours around here though...especially since I won't be home tonight. It's my choice to not be...but a girl needs her "alone" time with friends every now and then. At least tomorrow is Friday...so he'll be off at 12. Wait...no he won't. He'll have a SLIGHTLY longer lunch and then be off to work on boats to fill in the empty spots in our pockets from taking a lower paying, but higher benefit job. Sigh. I'm seriously not even complaining. It's just how life is these days. I know it'll be better in the long run, but it does get boring being the only adult around all these hours. And yes, I know...some people aren't as lucky as I am. Their loved ones are overseas or have jobs that they have to travel a lot etc. etc. BUT...I didn't marry one of those people for that reason. I like to actually see the person I am married to from time to time. Sorry if I sound like I'm throwing a pity party. I SO am not! :) See...I'm smiling!

How have you spent YOUR hot summer but it's not summer yet day??


1 comments:

maria said...

I'm spending it playing at the park, and running back to take my child to the bathroom--ha! boy, it was muggy today, just wait until August. BTW, had fun today w/you and the kids!!