I have been trying, for some time, to think of a way to help the kids be encouraged to do their few chores I ask of them, and to pick up after themselves. I know the one thing that they love is when their Mommy and Daddy play with them. I've tried explaining to them that if I didn't have to pick up after them all of the time, I would have more time to play...but you know how that goes when talking to little people. It pretty much means nothing.
I finally came up with a "family box" that will have games, cards, puzzles, puppets, playdough, etc. All the stuff that makes widespread messes, but they love. These toys are ONLY going to be allowed to be used during family play time with us. And they go right back in afterwards. The kids have to get their "chores" done before they get to do it, and I think it just might work! They sure are a lot more interested in things that are put in a special location with stipulations!

We got to see the first of many puppet shows last night with the kids which was funny. Of course, the dinosaur had lots of "potty talk" going on. What's with 4 yr olds and LOVING to talk all things bathroom? It was funny, none the less. The dog mainly tried to come up with a more organized show for us...but couldn't' QUITE figure out what to say. It was cute and sweet and we really enjoyed it! Can't wait for more!
I finally came up with a "family box" that will have games, cards, puzzles, puppets, playdough, etc. All the stuff that makes widespread messes, but they love. These toys are ONLY going to be allowed to be used during family play time with us. And they go right back in afterwards. The kids have to get their "chores" done before they get to do it, and I think it just might work! They sure are a lot more interested in things that are put in a special location with stipulations!
We got to see the first of many puppet shows last night with the kids which was funny. Of course, the dinosaur had lots of "potty talk" going on. What's with 4 yr olds and LOVING to talk all things bathroom? It was funny, none the less. The dog mainly tried to come up with a more organized show for us...but couldn't' QUITE figure out what to say. It was cute and sweet and we really enjoyed it! Can't wait for more!

2 comments:
I love the pic of all the kids doing their puppet show. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that--they are soooooo cute! BTW, I also love the pictures taken on your new camera. i know you love it!!
great idea!
and those are the days!! puppet shows and skits and circuses...
have FUN!!!
Post a Comment