CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Shopping Saturday!

Isn't it funny how exciting it can be to get something new for your house? We went shopping at the Penney's sale today for CURTAINS! Curtains, you ask? How bad is it that we've been in this house for 8 years and have never even been able to settle for a set of curtains that we actually like?


Let me start by saying that it is funny how priorities change and shift in life. I think before this point, we just didn't really CARE about the house all that much. We had been so unsettled with plans for our life and our future that although we TRIED to do things to make the house nice, we were still in honeymoon phase. You know the phase. The one where everything in your house is pieces of your parents' leftovers from their homes or things that you THOUGHT you wanted from your bridal shower that no longer matches anything either. Don't get me wrong...I appreciate EVERYTHING and every little piece of help (or big one, Mom and Dad) that has been passed my way, but you know what I mean.

Lately, things have changed. I guess because we have our complete family now, I am in the phase of settling in. It's about time. I have been searching since December for just the right curtains...no...drapes...for our BIG picture window in our house. For the first time, I have been looking for THE thing..not just A thing. I don't want to re-buy or change things up for a while. I'm so excited that I actually got nice, pretty drapes and love the way they look in our living room. I looked at pictures and lamps and thought of new ways I want to fix up different rooms. It was so fun and exciting to actually be planning for a complete family. I imagine our future together in our home. I imagine what we'll be doing. Anyways, it is just neat to me to think of knowing what to expect (or so I think) in my life. I'm lovin' it!

There's only one problem, and this is for you, babe...


Watch your wallet!!

3 comments:

Heather's House said...

Oh, cool!! I want to see a pic!! I'm sure they are beautiful!

Lacie said...

How fun!!!! I want to go shopping with you! You did it- you got your drapes!!!

JustJosephine said...

I wish! Man, since getting back from Estonia we're still living with hand-me-down furniture, and let me tell ya it's not pretty...lol! I guess I should be thankful to have them huh? (I am).

Your curtains are beautiful! I can't wait for the day when I can fix my home up the way I want.