

"I'm just a son of a son, son of a son
Son of a son of a sailor
The seas in my veins, my tradition remains..."
Jimmy Buffet
Saturday morning, B. got his first taste of sailing and loved it! I am so glad that the guys got to spend some one on one time. I think it's so important for a Daddy and his son to "bond" over things in life. Sailing has been a love in Scott's life for most of his life, if not all of it. I think B. might have a "sail" up on him though, starting sailing at 3.
I instructed for pictures to be taken and these are a couple that I got back. After they sailed, they went to Tookies for the best burgers anywhere! I think they even beat Fudd's! I highly recommend the bean burger..YUM! I was a bit hesitant when I got the call inviting us to meet them for lunch, but felt that it would be a good experience for them to be alone. All in all, I could tell that they both enjoyed it so much! That makes my heart happy!
By the time they got home, B. was sound asleep and I had to wake him up after a few hours. He was so tired at first, but suddenly woke up, and said with a smile, "I got to go sailing with Daddy and it was fun!" His eyes were sparkling and I saw many sailing trips in the future with the two of them in the years to come. Scott even was surprised at the difference of spending time with his son all by himself. There's just a different dimension of one on one time with your children. The relationship deepens so much! I'm thankful they got the chance to start their relationship in that direction.
So...I guess as Jimmy Buffet says in his song, "Son of a Sailor Man," the tradition will continue. (as far as I can see from first impressions) Scott's dad taught him, Scott is teaching B., and maybe someday, he can teach HIS son....time will only tell!
"Hear, my children, the instruction of a father, And give attention to know understanding;" Proverbs 4:1
Monday, April 23, 2007
"The Son of a Sailor "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a wonderful story!!!I love father and son stuff! I am so glad Brice had fun!
You have such a sweet boy!
great post! I love the pics...it makes me want to go sailing. Hey, maybe Scott just had motion sickness! HA
Brice looks like a natural(of course)! I'm glad they got to have independent boy time--what memories! We saw Scott and Brice at Tookies that afternoon. We love Tookies AND I am a bean burger gal too. Yumola!
Post a Comment