CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 09, 2007

And now...the REST of the story...

July 3rd was Scott's and my anniversary! 8 years! Time FLIES!
I can hardly believe that it's been that long...
yet in some ways it seems like it's always been this way!

During the afternoon, the kids fished, swam and played...and played...and played...
We even took a small "tour" around the canals with B and Drake. Brice immediately asked for a fishing "wand" the second that we got there! We didn't get a bite, but the fish sure got their fill of little shrimp! They just took it and ran every time!

That night, we had BABYSITTERS and they treated us to a great restaurant for dinner!
It was wonderful to be alone!!
You know how it goes though...what did we talk about??
You guessed it...THE KIDS!

July 4th was the big fireworks show on the water after the morning small town parade! They said this year was big because it lasted about 30 minutes or so! It was fun...the kids cashed in on candy!!

Pic of the sunset on the way to the fireworks!

Brice on the way back to the house after fireworks..he fell asleep right after this!

That night, we went out on the water to watch the works! It was beautiful! All around you could see fireworks being shot off of the islands/land surrounding the bay. If one slowed down, you just looked a different direction. I LOVE FIREWORKS! That is one reason we got married July 3rd...this way, we can always have a huge celebration for our anniversary anywhere we are! :)


On the 5th, we went to the "beach!" Now, the beaches that you are thinking of are nothing like we went to. If you're with Scott's dad, everything is secluded. I'm not sure it was what the kids were expecting but it was beautiful and an experience they will never forget. We had a lot of fun and even saw some porpoise.

That leaves us with the day we came home...
I'm sure it could've been worse, but to put it in short terms...
Houston weather....delays on both ends...maintenance issues..."blast off"...
AIRPORT INSANITY!
We were happy to be on land when we got here!!
Like I said..my kids love planes..and it's a GOOD thing!


3 comments:

Holly said...

The rest of your story sounds like more fun was had by all. How nice to go out on a date, on your actual anniversary! I'm jealous! :) That was pretty smart to always be able to celebrate with fireworks!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Congratulations! And I love the family picture.

Lacie said...

Ok- I just wrote this long wonderful comment and pushed the wrong button and it was all gone!!!!!

So the very short version...Looks like yall had a blast, the kids look so happy, I would love to be rocked to sleep on a boat like Brice, I'm glad yall got the chance for a couple of hours on your own for your anniversary (I think we all end up talking about the kids when we are alone!)and finally...Why are there no pictures of the airplane trip home (Ha!Ha!)

Sorry for the short version, but I just couldn't retype it ALL again-