
Well, Hal finished her first book of phonics and reading for the year and so we celebrated with a field trip on Wednesday. I'm just now getting around to posting the pics, etc. We took the kids to Battleship Texas! It was VERY neat! I went when I was young but didn't remember too much about it. I can't wait to take them many more times so that they can learn more about it each time. It's amazing! 
Here is Scott and the kids when we first got there. They thought it looked "cool!" Brice wanted it to GO somewhere though! He was ready to set sail on it!
Here are the kids and me. This pic shows how SMALL we are compared to how HUGE it is!!
Here are my monkeys monkeying around on the stairs! The inside of that ship is awesome! It was a little musty and closed up for me though. I am a teeny bit claustrophobic and the smell doesn't' help. Let's just say I was not meant to be in the Navy!
Here are me and Cait taken by Daddy from above us. I started to go up, but wimped out. I usually am pretty "cool" with anything...but taking my baby way up in the air and not being able to hold on to the rails of those narrow steps...NO WAY! Sorry Cait! I LOVE this pic!
If you ever get a chance. Check this out. It really opens up your eyes to what our military goes through and how they live to protect our country. It's definitely not living in comfort..even if it does have an ice cream bar!
Here are the kids and me. This pic shows how SMALL we are compared to how HUGE it is!!
Here are my monkeys monkeying around on the stairs! The inside of that ship is awesome! It was a little musty and closed up for me though. I am a teeny bit claustrophobic and the smell doesn't' help. Let's just say I was not meant to be in the Navy!
Here are me and Cait taken by Daddy from above us. I started to go up, but wimped out. I usually am pretty "cool" with anything...but taking my baby way up in the air and not being able to hold on to the rails of those narrow steps...NO WAY! Sorry Cait! I LOVE this pic!If you ever get a chance. Check this out. It really opens up your eyes to what our military goes through and how they live to protect our country. It's definitely not living in comfort..even if it does have an ice cream bar!

4 comments:
we went, just last year I think. It is a great place to visit. I love that last pict too!
Living here forever--and I've never been--sad. Glad y'all had fun! That's a nice way to celebrate Hal's accomplishment. I like the bird's eye view pic of you and Cait too.
I love all of the pics of your recent 'field trip' to the battleship. YAY Hal for completing her phonics book! How exciting! I think a field trip is a perfect reward/motivation for schoolwork. Not like Hal needs any motivation--she is already such a smart cookie. I know you are a proud momma! BTW, I love the pic of you and Cait!
I grew up in Deer Park, right near there. I've been to the Battleship several times. Those stairs always freaked me out!
I've never taken my kids, even though we still live in the area.
Rhonda
Post a Comment