CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Another Day in Paradise!

OK...so maybe today didn't feel like paradise! Actually, it felt like almost the furthest thing from it. Today started out with grinchy faces. Dad, Cait, ....well...everybody seemed to have a frown...and it was only 7 AM! I KNEW I was in trouble! It seemed like I stepped out of my bed and into a whirlwind and it hasn't stopped yet!

Today:
I got up and got 5 "smiling" faces fed and Dad off to work and I REALLY needed to type and print out my grocery list (I know...typing a grocery list seems weird but I'm trying a new thing of saving my meal plans for 4 weeks, including grocery lists, to where I can choose a plan and just print and go!) I say really needed to because it took about 2 hours to get done! Due to my youngest little screamer for the day, I had to stop to get her down for her nap.
FINALLY, we were off to Randalls. I wanted to see if the "deals" would really be cheaper. Well, while we were in there, my little fussy one for the day (WHAT IS UP WITH HER ANYWAYS? I'm hoping it's teeth..she needs more than 4!) was being a pill AND I realized that things there BESIDES the "deals" and sometimes EVEN the "deals" were twice as much as Wal-Mart and the deals were the SAME PRICE. As I type this, I'm realizing how sad it is that I've been shopping so many times I have prices memorized at different stores! HA! Well, what's a mom to do? THIS mom WALKED OUT and left her basket. Rude? I know....if you work there, I'm sorry...but it'd been a day already and lunch was fast approaching. I was flustered as it was dealing with the three of them and shopping. Off we went to the local Wally World. After several warnings and promises of consequences to be carried out when we got home, we FINALLY were done. $108 for a week's groceries! I'm a happy mom! OH..and a shout out to my SWEET hubby today. He showed up because it was lunch time and helped me finish up. By the time he got there, I couldn't have been happier to see him than if it were.......umm......Bob Harper himself! :P

After settling in back home, it was naptime and school time. It ONLY took an HOUR to get little one to sleep, but Hal did great on getting her stuff done. She loves it. It's not a big deal for her. I've been working on laundry off and on since then, taking care of the pets, etc etc. You know the sad part?? My house looks like that twister I mentioned earlier came through twice and yet this is the first I've been able to sit down! All there is to do is laugh...

I felt SO flustered today and there's SO much more I could say about how this day has gone. Why was it so hard? What was the deal?! Am I destined to finish my day off this way? NO WAY! I'm going to keep believing that it will get better. I have a theory on why this day has happened the way it did. I actually sat outside on my newly repainted swing that my Dad made for me and had time with God as the kids played in the fall leaves. It was peaceful. And if that's the only peace I get this whole day, it's the best way to have it!

Hope YOUR day was wonderful!!

3 comments:

Lacie said...

The song "Manic Monday..." kept playing through my head as I read your post! I'm so sorry the day was CRAZY!!!

I wish, wish, wish...Kroger or Randalls was cheaper because I love that they still bag your groceries and ask if you need help out! If I didn't have to watch our pennies I would be shopping in ant other pkace but Wally World- it is just crazy there!

I hope tomorrow is better! Thanks goodness for husbands!

maria said...

I laughed out lot reading your post--you crack me up!! Just think, you can print out these posts and save them for your kids to read so that they can truly appreciate all you did for them! Even though your days don't always go like you want them too, I love that you always have a positive outlook on everything! You cheer me up whenever I have a bad day, because you can relate but you always can see the "funny side" of everything. Love you like a sis! I know tomorrow will be a better day! (By the way, love the new look on your blog!)

Holly said...

Awww sorry girl! Hope today turns out better for sure. WallyWorld even on a good day can be stressful--you are one tough cookie!

I like the idea of your monthly meal plans too. So, are your services for hire? :)

Love your swing--great color!!