CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 03, 2007

Anybody wanna run?

OK..so I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag....

Some friends of mine, Holly and Heather, last year ran in the Houston marathon and since then have been so gung-ho about it that they've been trying to talk everybody into running too. I'm beginning to think they win a lotto or something if they get so many of us to join but I haven't yet been asked to give them credit so... (HA!)

Well....after much time and contemplation...and saying I'd NEVER do it, (OH....your mother is right...NEVER say NEVER!) I'm training with Bay Area Fit to do the half marathon in January. I've been actually running and almost am starting to enjoy it. I'm doing it for a stress outlet. When you have 3 kids, a house to run, a husband, 2 dogs..etc etc etc etc....let's just say a little stress relief is pretty much called for! So far, so good..

The furthest I've gotten so far is 3 miles...that's HUGE for me. Only 10.1 to go!

Tomorrow is a BIG day...5 miles...

All I can say is..thank goodness you and I can talk, Heather. I'm gonna need somebody chatty to keep my legs moving that far and that long!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

What? Kickbacks? The only kickback that I know of is a shared sense of accomplishment and sweat!

I'm so glad you are doing this D. and starting to enjoy it. I'm also glad so many of us are sharing in the experience. WooHoo!

You are going to do great tomorrow--one foot in front of the other and remenber those boys on their bikes! Ha! :)

Lacie said...

Go girl! Once you hit that five mile mark there is no looking back! Run Deanna, Run!!

You will have to let me know how it goes! I know you will do great! You can always count on Heather for chatting! LOL!

Just kidding Heather!

maria said...

You know how I feel that you're running!:) I am so psyched that we'll all be out there together!! My goodness, I feel like we've all already talked for at least as long as the half-marathon lasts--now if we could only run with our Starbucks!!HA!

Love ya girl!

Heather's House said...

gee..thanks girls...I guess I am the chatty Kathy, sorry! HA Its just I love you girls so much! :)

Deanna....I'm really glad you are running, girl! It will be F-U-N!!

Love ya!