It's been over a week since my last post, so I figured it was time to update again! This week, from last Friday until today has been a whirlwind!!!
Last Saturday was a BIG day for Brice and Scott. They finally got to go to Monster Jam! They've been wanting to do this for a while. I put a picture up of my favorite of the trucks that they had pictures of and one of Cait and Brice next to a truck from Friday night. They had a preview of the trucks with drivers signing autographs right here at the League City Park. Isn't that neat? The guys had a blast!!!

While the boys were livin' it up at Monster Jam, the girls and I decided to have a girls' night of our own!! We went shopping for what we needed and came back and had a great time together. For dinner, we ate a first class meal of Lunchables and ice cream, complete with mini orange sodas (I know...I tried to get them to not be so extravagant, but they insisted...ha!). After that, it was bath time....what night dedicated to girls is complete without a bath full of BUBBLES!!! Then came the "pedicures." My toes were done the week before, but Cait and Hal both got their hands AND feet BOTH done and were feelin' beautiful just in time for bed! Our cat, Gypsy, who is also a girl wouldn't let us do a thing without her! It really was kind of funny. She heard the words girls' night and she was IN!


The next adventure in our week was Vacation Bible School at our church. The kids had a blast and the mama got tired out! I helped with the 3 year olds and as much as I loved them...whew! Let's just say 4 nights of being up late doesn't agree with a couple of them. Emotions started running high and it was work! The kids watched puppet shows, listened to stories, did crafts and sang their little hearts out. It was really awesome to hear all of their little voices, as loud as they were, praising God and having such a wonderful time doing it.


We also made a change this week. People joke with us about vehicles..and well...they should! We just can't quite get it settled! We thought that we had, but the economy decided different. I don't know how anybody can have two gas guzzling vehicles these days unless they are rich. We traded the truck a fun little sporty Toyota Celica. Is it practical? Uh..no! But neither was the truck and this one has great gas mileage. So..whoever is out running around with less than 3 kids takes this car!! AND...BONUS...we get to have FUN with it! We laughed yesterday and said it was Scott's approaching midlife crisis car!!!! (Even though he's not even close yet!)
I wonder what's next????
Last Saturday was a BIG day for Brice and Scott. They finally got to go to Monster Jam! They've been wanting to do this for a while. I put a picture up of my favorite of the trucks that they had pictures of and one of Cait and Brice next to a truck from Friday night. They had a preview of the trucks with drivers signing autographs right here at the League City Park. Isn't that neat? The guys had a blast!!!
While the boys were livin' it up at Monster Jam, the girls and I decided to have a girls' night of our own!! We went shopping for what we needed and came back and had a great time together. For dinner, we ate a first class meal of Lunchables and ice cream, complete with mini orange sodas (I know...I tried to get them to not be so extravagant, but they insisted...ha!). After that, it was bath time....what night dedicated to girls is complete without a bath full of BUBBLES!!! Then came the "pedicures." My toes were done the week before, but Cait and Hal both got their hands AND feet BOTH done and were feelin' beautiful just in time for bed! Our cat, Gypsy, who is also a girl wouldn't let us do a thing without her! It really was kind of funny. She heard the words girls' night and she was IN!
The next adventure in our week was Vacation Bible School at our church. The kids had a blast and the mama got tired out! I helped with the 3 year olds and as much as I loved them...whew! Let's just say 4 nights of being up late doesn't agree with a couple of them. Emotions started running high and it was work! The kids watched puppet shows, listened to stories, did crafts and sang their little hearts out. It was really awesome to hear all of their little voices, as loud as they were, praising God and having such a wonderful time doing it.
We also made a change this week. People joke with us about vehicles..and well...they should! We just can't quite get it settled! We thought that we had, but the economy decided different. I don't know how anybody can have two gas guzzling vehicles these days unless they are rich. We traded the truck a fun little sporty Toyota Celica. Is it practical? Uh..no! But neither was the truck and this one has great gas mileage. So..whoever is out running around with less than 3 kids takes this car!! AND...BONUS...we get to have FUN with it! We laughed yesterday and said it was Scott's approaching midlife crisis car!!!! (Even though he's not even close yet!)
I wonder what's next????

0 comments:
Post a Comment