I cannot believe that my Avon Walk is just around the corner, and you probably are tired of me talking about it. I just had to put it on here..I'm so excited! I cant' wait to meet all of the great new people I've met through my "Solo strutters" team....can't wait to meet Julie...who will brave it with me in a tent (poor girl)...and can't wait just have the overall experience. I'm all about experiences in life. It's what makes your life or breaks it. I only am here once and there are places I want to go and things I want to go through. I love life! Even if it's not perfect at times, there is so much good out there to learn about. I think this is something that just in the last year I've come to. And it feels good to get to that point after so much junk has happened.
I went on a 6 mile training walk on Saturday..I know..not the longest training so close to the walk, but really, it was more about finding out my pace for sure and making sure I'm on the right path. I am...thankfully! I ran into a group of girls just as I was about to start out on my walk around the pond that were all fixed up in PINK! Well....I could guess....Saturday morning...group of women...feeling the need to all dress alike in pink...MUST BE FELLOW WALKERS! I was right. Me, being the "always talk to strangers" type, asked them. They "sort of" talked to me as they walked backward and passed on by and informed me that I might want to rethink the full because of what it was. I had to laugh. Do people actually think there are people out there that are that...let's just say....ignorant? I'm pretty sure by now I know how much I will have to walk..but thanks. On a different note. It someone is brave enough to talk to you..and you're in a group...and they are not. Maybe pretend to be friendly. I have to admit that I halfway thought maybe they might say something like, oh, "Hey, since you're just starting your walk, why not just come with us?" Or maybe even, "What's your name? Maybe NEXT time, we can see if you want to join since you're training alone." Nope. Nothing like that. Not really even a have a nice day...just kind of....can't even tell ya. Something to think about.
Anyways...13 days! Wish me luck!!!
(and Julie too...she'll need it after us walking 26 miles and THEN sleeping on pool floaties in a tent!)
Monday, March 31, 2008
13 Days and counting....
Posted by Mamaof3 at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I don't have the words of how proud of you we are...
love ya
Scott
Deanna, I am so proud of what you are doing! And the thing is, you are doing this for a Cause and I think, that is what makes you who you are! A wonderful person!
It is sad that adult people can still act so childish. I have had to deal with this more so lately. It hard for us to realize that those type of people do exist. I sure wish we lived closer...I would have walked that 6 miles with you...even though I may have been lagging after the first couple! God Bless your walk in 13 days and I know that He will! Love, Noelle
I am so proud of you girl! You will do AWESOME! I am so glad you are my friend! :)
Love ya!
You are ready and will do FAB!! This is going to be such a wonderful experience on so many levels. You go girl!!
What's up with those mean girls?!! They should know that you are the life of the party! ;) (Or walk for that matter!) I'm so excited for you and your walk--you are going to do awesome! I'm so proud of you. Way to go!!!!
Post a Comment